How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.