How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.