How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.