How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.