How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.