How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.