How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regards to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.