How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous in regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.