How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.