How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.